Knox Presbyterian ChurchHistory:The first Presbyterian church was built in Cheviot in 1896. It was burnt down in 1955. A tin church was moved onto the site in 1919 as a Sunday School and sold to the RSA in 1952.
The present stone church is built with stone gathered from near the Hurunui River. It was opened in September 1953. The foundation stone was part of the Mansion House foundations.
Knox Church Cheviot is part of the Hurunui Combined Parishes.
Services are held on:
1st Sunday at 11am
2nd Sunday at 10am, a combined service with St Johns Anglican Church at Knox.
3rd Sunday at 10am
4th Sunday at 10am, a combined service at St Johns.
5th Sunday at 11am, at one of the Hurunui Parish Churches.
Hall Street, Cheviot
Situated on the South end of Cheviot's main street.
St Anthony's Catholic ChurchWard Road
St John's Anglican ChurchThe St John's Anglican Church houses an outstanding collection of stained glass memorials by the 19th century artist, writer and designer William Morris. Commissioned by descendents of the Hon. William ('Ready Money') Robinson of Cheviot Hills, the windows were designed by Morris & Co.'s chief designer, John Henry Dearle.
The people of St. John’s are committed to sharing the love of Jesus and absolutely everyone is welcome here.
Our services can be at 8am, 10am, or 5pm – Please check the Budget or Church noticeboard for service times.
10 am Children’s Church
8am Holy Communion (not winter months)
10am Combined at Knox Church
5pm Contemporary Service
Combined with Knox at St Johns
For more information or any queries please ring our Administrator Rachel Tyson on 3198395.
Ward Road, Cheviot